Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio output selection in Apple TV settings

Apple TV model: A1625 (32GB)

tvOS: 14.2 (18K57)

The Audio section in  Video and Audio settings USED to include “Audio out” where I used to select various AirPlay speakers on my home network. That option is not shown anymore. The menu under Audio is:

Audio Format

Reduce Loud Sounds

Navigation Clicks

etc

How can I have Audio Out show again?

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:15 PM

The new way to change audio output settings is through Control Center. Hold down the TV button on the Siri Remote to open Control Center and then click on the AirPlay button to choose an AirPlay or Bluetooth audio device.

3 replies

Nov 20, 2020 2:44 PM in response to drdigital1

Hello drdigital1,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Apple TV audio output.

Please start by verifying all your settings are correct, and if the location moved with a recent update: Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Also check this article depending on how your system is set up: Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

If you still have issues, check this article about audio sync: Set up Wireless Audio Sync with Apple TV - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.