Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand won't delete

I want to delete GarageBand for some extra space but it won't let me. When I press move to trash a pop up says, "The item "GarageBand" can't be move to the Trash because some of its extensions are in use." Im confused on what extensions, and how to fix the problem.Also my storage is a whole other problem..

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 5:19 AM

Hello Sadiya273,

We'd love to assist you with getting your Mac working properly so you can manage your storage and get GarageBand deleted. First, have you tried restarting the Mac and attempted to delete GarageBand again using the steps here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac ?

Also, have you tried managing your storage using the steps here: How to free up storage space on your Mac

Best Regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2020 5:19 AM in response to Sadiya273

Hello Sadiya273,

We'd love to assist you with getting your Mac working properly so you can manage your storage and get GarageBand deleted. First, have you tried restarting the Mac and attempted to delete GarageBand again using the steps here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac ?

Also, have you tried managing your storage using the steps here: How to free up storage space on your Mac

Best Regards

GarageBand won't delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.