Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having problem with Samsung Smart Switch after updating to Big Sur 11.0.1?

Anyone having problem with Samsung Smart Switch after updating to Big Sur 11.0.1?

Big Sur 11.0.1

Samsung Smart Switch: 4.3.1.20062_1

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 12:02 AM

56 replies

Dec 8, 2020 4:28 PM in response to JNQBraga

Hi everybody

Hope it is clear to everybody,that this is not a Apple os x problem that Samsung Smart Switch: do not work.It is Samsung Smart Switch developers who did not care about to fix and update this.Write to the Samsung Support and you will see what they answer,see some reply before from me.So just we can wait SAMSUNG is fixing that.

Also there are mor important things ,than this app in the moment i thing.

Stay healty and think positive for the future.Down with all negativ ideas.

Dec 20, 2020 8:29 PM in response to ragtagsav

I didn't mean to imply that Big Sur has problems. I meant that the Smart Switch problem is that it doesn't work with Big Sur. I have an older mac with Catalina, so I was able to use that. Or, if you have access to a Windows computer, Samsung probably has a Smart Switch download for that.

I was told in a chat with Samsung that basically said they're aware of the problem and are working on it.

Jan 12, 2021 9:57 AM in response to jlpowell

Disappointment with Samsung! I find it unnecessary to disable System Integrity Protection to install an unstable version of the Smart Switch. In my opinion, Samsung was once again irresponsible towards its Customers, who are not few. After all, the “big” Samsung had a whole year to make the Smart Switch compatible with Big Sur. Because, the Big Sur Beta Version has long been available for companies and application developers to make their Applications compatible with Big Sur But, Samsung preferred to do what was comfortable for her ... In my understanding, if a large company like Samsung does not have the competence to do something as simple, update an application, it does not deserve to have the trust of customers. After all, trust is the object of conquest!

Mar 25, 2021 12:36 PM in response to jlpowell

Almost 5+ months (since BigSur launching, actually) in the "approval" process, and neither Samsung (1-800-726-7864) nor Samsung Media Solutions Team (855-795-0509) with its Software Developer Team (Smartswitch app creators) at 877-265-3408 (from a few days now this one is with a "busy" signal when calling) can give a correct date for their Apple approval. The solution the app developer throws by having us Mac Users to run OS in safe mode and whatnot, it is just ridiculous! Even worse, having a so expensive phone and that the manufacturer will not give us a way to back up our phones. If samsung does not fix this problem, Mac users will ultimately have to die on an iPhone.

Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Verizon.

MacOS BigSur, Version: 11.2.3 (20D91)

And yes, I have already been emailing with sswitch.cs@samsung.com from 8/31/2020 to no avail for a definite date of app to be approved by Apple and back to normal. The solution they give (described above9 is just unacceptable.

Apr 14, 2021 11:28 AM in response to jlpowell

It's obvious apple wants everyone to move over to iPhones. I just upgraded to the s21 plus from iPhone 11 and wont go back. The relationship between apple and samsung devices is not good which is funny considering they make there LCD screens. Samsung devices still work well with windows I believe, and thats the direction samsung wants android user's to go without saying they want you to go.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.