Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Big Sur dark mode bug

When using dark mode and selecting a dynamic desktop picture, the menu bar will be dynamic instead of using the dark as selected in the preferences.

Select dark mode:

Select a Dynamic Desktop picture and you will see that the menu bar will not follow the dark mode selected.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 9:12 AM

I have the same problem and I've contacted the service. They said that the menu bar has the shades of background picture, so if you are using a background with white color, it ends up white. The problem is that it doesnt change back to dark mode in other screens and stays the same as bg color. So I've changed my background to sth with shades of black so my problem is solved

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 9:12 AM in response to marlom_grd

I have the same problem and I've contacted the service. They said that the menu bar has the shades of background picture, so if you are using a background with white color, it ends up white. The problem is that it doesnt change back to dark mode in other screens and stays the same as bg color. So I've changed my background to sth with shades of black so my problem is solved

MacOS Big Sur dark mode bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.