Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur related app updates on Catalina

Hi,

I'm running macOS Catalina and don't want to update to Big Sur due to not liking new design approach. However, some apps (like Twitter, Pages, iMovie, etc.) have received updates on the App Store dedicated to Big Sur, claiming to have refined new design on macOS Big Sur and new icons as well.

My question is following: if I'd update those apps, would their UI be changed even on Catalina as well or would they only get updated looks on Big Sur? So that I'd just get bug fixes and new features, but not design change.

Also what about app icons? Would those be changed as well? That I don't really care about as I could just change them back myself, but still.

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 4:26 AM

Similar questions

12 replies

Nov 14, 2020 4:43 AM in response to dialabrain

How exactly the GarageBand update won’t install in Catalina? Like it won’t just let install or it’ll, but actually changes nothing or...

About the rest, does it mean that iWork apps like Pages would get Big Sur like UI change even on Catalina?

Icons having changed slightly means they’re now in those rounded rectangles?

Nov 14, 2020 4:51 AM in response to vihtla

vihtla wrote:

How exactly the GarageBand update won’t install in Catalina? Like it won’t just let install or it’ll, but actually changes nothing or...

It won't install

About the rest, does it mean that iWork apps like Pages would get Big Sur like UI change even on Catalina?

I don't use them enough to notice

Icons having changed slightly means they’re now in those rounded rectangles?

Yep

Big Sur related app updates on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.