Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Case without Camera Lip?

For the past several iPhones I have owned, I have used the Apple silicone case and have been completely satisfied with it. But now that I have the 12 Pro Max and the new silicone case, I’m not sure I like the camera lip on it.

Does anyone know of a similar case that would make the back of phone/case completely flush when you lie it on its back (like all my phones in the past)?

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:34 AM

I’m in the same boat with my iPhone 12 mini and the Apple leather case. For some dumb reason they decided to include that plastic lip around the camera cutout on the case itself. Now the phone doesn’t sit completely flat when I put it down and is very easy to slide around, which makes me think it would be very easy for it to fall if accidentally bumped or put onto a surface that has a slight incline.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 9:34 AM in response to Superakcraig

I’m in the same boat with my iPhone 12 mini and the Apple leather case. For some dumb reason they decided to include that plastic lip around the camera cutout on the case itself. Now the phone doesn’t sit completely flat when I put it down and is very easy to slide around, which makes me think it would be very easy for it to fall if accidentally bumped or put onto a surface that has a slight incline.

Jan 5, 2021 9:39 AM in response to Superakcraig

As someone with two case without a camera lip, I wish I had one. When you set your phone down the camera touches the surface, if you drop it or toss it on a table you can hear the camera hit the surface. Not a good idea to have a case without a lip, unless you want to risk scratching or potentially cracking the lenses. Being the Apple designed the phone, they already had that in mind and probably tested both no lip and lip variants with the latter being the safer bet. It is what it is.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Case without Camera Lip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.