Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch 5 Why ask for stand when already standing?

Why does my Apple Watch 5 tell me to stand when I stood up 5 minutes ago and am still standing? The

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 9:48 AM

It does not know if you are standing, lying down, standing on your head.

It ONLY knows if the accelerator in the watch is accelerating and decelerating as if your arm is swinging when you are walking. We have not reached Star Trek level tri-corder capabilities.

You can lie on your back and wave your arm to get stand credit. I like to Juggle (which I do while standing). There are people that knit, getting stand credit, and very large Step Counts while not going anywhere.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2020 9:48 AM in response to Crassbrassfrog

It does not know if you are standing, lying down, standing on your head.

It ONLY knows if the accelerator in the watch is accelerating and decelerating as if your arm is swinging when you are walking. We have not reached Star Trek level tri-corder capabilities.

You can lie on your back and wave your arm to get stand credit. I like to Juggle (which I do while standing). There are people that knit, getting stand credit, and very large Step Counts while not going anywhere.

Watch 5 Why ask for stand when already standing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.