Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading apps to new iPhone 12 Pro Max from my backup is not happening

When I upgraded iPhones I selected restore from backup (iCloud) but my apps are only partially loading from the backup. Have power cycled, left unit charging within range of wifi to no avail. I recall this happening when I upgraded to iPhone 11 as well but not as badly. This is about my iPhone 12 Pro Max which isn’t even listed in My Devices, it’s so new!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 8:49 PM

I tried all of this and it didn’t work. It’s like my apps are frozen. It’s like they start to download then mysteriously, just stop or never even start. No matter how many apps I pause or even if I prioritize the download, I get nothing.

32 replies

Jan 23, 2021 6:23 AM in response to Jay Millard

I have a big-time issue with restoring a Backup from iCloud to my new iPhone.

1. I traded the iPhone 6s and bought iPhone 12 Pro Max
  2. before trading I took backup of all my data on iCloud, then reset it and traded.
  3. When I started up the new iPhone 12 Pro Max, I got an option under App & Data to restore data from iCloud
  4. I successfully signed in but later it showed No Backups Available however, I could see the data on iCloud in a browser.

I did not take backup using iTunes, hence could not restore it from my PC. ChecKitz Review

Here is the status of my iCloud backup, it says incomplete too. But not sure if this is the case than will I able to take the backup again that exists on iCloud ?

May 13, 2021 10:53 PM in response to aquiles775

Hi Aquiles775 - apologies, my frustration was not with your suggestion, more that there doesn't seem to be clear guidance from Apple over what appears to be a common issue. As per my previously amended comment above, in the end, having tried the suggestions re: soft reset, logging in/out of accounts etc. restarting, pausing/unpausing and the many other suggestions that have worked for some, I reset the network settings and then manually re-configured. Always useful, I find, to hold back on judgement until properly understanding context. I am very glad that it has worked for you - would appear that, with this particular issue, there is more than one way to resolve.

Downloading apps to new iPhone 12 Pro Max from my backup is not happening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.