Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought a new IPhone SE. During the set up, our WiFi connections failed. How do I restart the set up?

I just bought a new iPhone SE, during set up our WiFi connection was lost. How do I restart the set up?

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 1:41 PM

Hi Tonytcu07,

We understand that you need to set up your new iPhone SE, and we'd like to help. Congratulations on your new iPhone, by the way!

Just to make sure we're completely clear on the situation, were you setting your iPhone up as new, or were you in the process of transferring information from a previous device to the iPhone SE?

If you were trying to transfer data from a previous device, were you using the Quick Start process outlined here? Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you seeing any errors or messages on the screen of the iPhone at this time? If so, what does the error say?

In the meantime, this page has some great information on how to set up your iPhone, if you'd like to check it out: Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 1:41 PM in response to Tonytcu07

Hi Tonytcu07,

We understand that you need to set up your new iPhone SE, and we'd like to help. Congratulations on your new iPhone, by the way!

Just to make sure we're completely clear on the situation, were you setting your iPhone up as new, or were you in the process of transferring information from a previous device to the iPhone SE?

If you were trying to transfer data from a previous device, were you using the Quick Start process outlined here? Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you seeing any errors or messages on the screen of the iPhone at this time? If so, what does the error say?

In the meantime, this page has some great information on how to set up your iPhone, if you'd like to check it out: Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks!

I just bought a new IPhone SE. During the set up, our WiFi connections failed. How do I restart the set up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.