Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Mirror Screens to Apple TV after update to Big Sur

I have updated both the Apple TV and Mac with all updates still can not mirror my screens. I have checked all settings and even went an upgraded to a newer Apple TV generation 5 from a generation 3 still no luck. It was working fine before the upgrade. Other devices can mirror just fine not the Mac Pro with the new OS on it. The message it says is it cannot connect. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 4:44 AM

Just spoke to Apple Support - problem resolved by NVRAM refresh on MacBook Pro (I have a 2019 Pro)

[the shutdown and restart process I went through over the phone with support engineer ]

Also they sent me following URL

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204291

Hope this helps.

7 replies

Jan 2, 2021 11:08 AM in response to eugeniafromwilmington

I do not have Norton or any security running.

I have re-authorized my iMac. Still no good with Airplay Music.

Oddly enough, there is no issues when airplaying from my iMac with a screen share. lol wtf???

AirPlay to any device, apple or not (like my roku or samsung tv) does not work. plain and simple.

Ive restarted all the apple tv devices and the homepod. no good. same with non-apple devices that are capable of airplay streaming.

APPLE NEEDS TO FIX THIS NOW.

Cannot Mirror Screens to Apple TV after update to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.