Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

green screen during video playback

I am getting a green screen during video playback, anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:07 AM

This doesn’t work. I resolved the issue. It was only happening when plugged into the tv, I went into System Preferences>Displays>Color and deleted the profile for the TV. Then unplugged the tv and plugged back in and let it create a new profile and it worked. Haven’t had a green screen since.

2 replies

Nov 24, 2020 11:03 AM in response to Swatt747

Hey there Swatt747,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re seeing a green screen only during video playback on your Mac. We’ll be happy to help with this.

To verify, does this issue occur with every video you play? Does it happen in both full screen and in a window? Does this happen with TV or with videos played in Safari?

If you haven’t already, restart your Mac using the steps here:

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

Try again after that and test a few videos and in different apps. If you’re streaming the videos, download them or try over another network and see if this has any impact on the issue. 

We hope this helps.

Take care.

green screen during video playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.