Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new HP Laptop will not sync with my iPhone

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 12:58 PM

Hi there, Arnoldd1955.

It appears that you're having a problem with your new HP laptop and iPhone. It's not syncing, and we're glad to help with this.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support -- If iTunes for Windows on your Windows PC doesn't recognize your iPhone, this article provides the steps to use to get it working as it should.

If the issue remains, please reply with the answers to the following questions:

Which model of iPhone do you own, and which iOS is it currently on?

What Windows version is installed on your laptop?

What do you mean by "not sync"?

Take care.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 12:58 PM in response to Arnoldd1955

Hi there, Arnoldd1955.

It appears that you're having a problem with your new HP laptop and iPhone. It's not syncing, and we're glad to help with this.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support -- If iTunes for Windows on your Windows PC doesn't recognize your iPhone, this article provides the steps to use to get it working as it should.

If the issue remains, please reply with the answers to the following questions:

Which model of iPhone do you own, and which iOS is it currently on?

What Windows version is installed on your laptop?

What do you mean by "not sync"?

Take care.

Nov 25, 2020 1:02 PM in response to Arnoldd1955

Thank you again for the additional information, Arnoldd1955.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- These are the steps to transfer your photos and videos from your iPhone to your Windows PC. Then, click this link See all your photos -- Refer to the "Import photos and videos" section on this page from Microsoft to import them to the Photos app.

Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support -- For a Windows PC, you'd be using iCloud for Windows. To see if you're syncing your photos with iCloud, open the application and see if there's a check besides iCloud Photos. If you’d like to have copies on your Windows PC, log into iCloud.com/Photos and download them to your Windows PC, then store them in the Photos app.

To see if your iPhone is syncing your photos to iCloud Photos, on your phone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and see if Photos is turned on. If it is, you can log into iCloud.com/Photos and download them to your Windows PC, then store them in the Photos app. Once you've successfully downloaded your photos and videos, on your iPhone, turn off "Photos" under Settings > [your name] > iCloud.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.