Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen sharing not working in Big Sur with activated firewall

In the firewall I have set Remote Management AND Screen Sharing to allow incoming connections. screensharingd AND sharingd are also allowing incoming traffic.

As soon I turn firewall of, I can connect, but this is not desired. Do you have any solutions?

MacBook

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 4:36 PM

I found that simply turning off Screen Sharing in System Preferences > Sharing, and then turning it back on resolved the issue for me to allow my two other computers (one running Big Sur, another running Catalina) to connect to my third one running Big Sur. The MacOS firewall is actively running on all three computers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 4:36 PM in response to reschitza

I found that simply turning off Screen Sharing in System Preferences > Sharing, and then turning it back on resolved the issue for me to allow my two other computers (one running Big Sur, another running Catalina) to connect to my third one running Big Sur. The MacOS firewall is actively running on all three computers.

Screen sharing not working in Big Sur with activated firewall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.