Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failure to make printouts

My MacBook Pro operating system was upgraded into the new OS BigSur few days back. After upgrading to the new system, I am experiencing a problem of getting printouts in any format with displaying an error message "stopped, filter failed". (I use cannon 2000 and Lexmark MS312dn printers) I reseted the printer system and added the printers again but still it couldn't be resolved.

Could anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 5:30 AM

Hi thusara1212,

Thanks for posting about your issue with printing! That's definitely an important function, and we'd like to see how we can help. As we understand it, you see a "filter failed" alert with printers of two different brands, and you've reset the printer system already. That was a great step to try.

It sounds like you may want to start with the steps below: Update printer software on Mac

"Update your printer software

If your printer doesn’t use AirPrint, you can download the latest software using Software Update preferences. If you don’t do this, you may see a message that software isn’t available when you connect your printer.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences.
  2. Click Software Update.
  3. Install any software updates listed for your printer.

If software for your printer isn’t available using Software Update, you can contact the manufacturer for information. It may be that your printer isn’t compatible with macOS. To check, see the Apple Support article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac.

If you install printer software that you didn’t get from Apple, your printer’s software may not be updated automatically when you use Software Update."

Let us know if those steps help!

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 5:30 AM in response to thusara1212

Hi thusara1212,

Thanks for posting about your issue with printing! That's definitely an important function, and we'd like to see how we can help. As we understand it, you see a "filter failed" alert with printers of two different brands, and you've reset the printer system already. That was a great step to try.

It sounds like you may want to start with the steps below: Update printer software on Mac

"Update your printer software

If your printer doesn’t use AirPrint, you can download the latest software using Software Update preferences. If you don’t do this, you may see a message that software isn’t available when you connect your printer.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences.
  2. Click Software Update.
  3. Install any software updates listed for your printer.

If software for your printer isn’t available using Software Update, you can contact the manufacturer for information. It may be that your printer isn’t compatible with macOS. To check, see the Apple Support article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac.

If you install printer software that you didn’t get from Apple, your printer’s software may not be updated automatically when you use Software Update."

Let us know if those steps help!

Take care.

Failure to make printouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.