Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health problem

Hello,let me begin explaining that I just bought an Iphone X and when the phone came it had 95% battery health,during a week it lowered to 93%,the next day it showed 92% and now overnight it lowered to 88%.My battery life is pretty good tho,it gets me through the day without a problem and sometimes I even skip a day without charging the phone.I'm kind of concerned about this thing,anyone can explain me what is going on?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 9:15 AM

Exactly what QuickTimeKirk said but if it isn't old (which, from my interpretation of what you said, it sounds about a week and a half old, maybe 2 weeks, which isn't old at all of course), I'd take it to an Apple Store and get it checked out because honestly I've had my phone for a little over 3 months now, maybe 4, and my battery health is at 96% which is normal (like, literally this is exactly where it should be according to "predictions"), if your phone is at 88% in even the first month I'd say, or even the first 2 months, then that is when it gets a abnormal and should get checked out (and honestly considering what you said, it sounds to be hitting that abnormality point way sooner than what I've even said).

so basically overall I'd book an appointment at the Apple Store and have them look at it, it honestly wouldn't hurt

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 9:15 AM in response to Caril-Ann

Exactly what QuickTimeKirk said but if it isn't old (which, from my interpretation of what you said, it sounds about a week and a half old, maybe 2 weeks, which isn't old at all of course), I'd take it to an Apple Store and get it checked out because honestly I've had my phone for a little over 3 months now, maybe 4, and my battery health is at 96% which is normal (like, literally this is exactly where it should be according to "predictions"), if your phone is at 88% in even the first month I'd say, or even the first 2 months, then that is when it gets a abnormal and should get checked out (and honestly considering what you said, it sounds to be hitting that abnormality point way sooner than what I've even said).

so basically overall I'd book an appointment at the Apple Store and have them look at it, it honestly wouldn't hurt

Nov 17, 2020 10:12 AM in response to Caril-Ann

yea honestly the battery life would normally be affected but in this situation it doesn't quite sound like that's the case (as you probably know yourself), which that alone is pretty weird, along with the fact that you haven't had the phone for long, idk, this is a pretty interesting situation, I'd just go take it to the apple store and talk to them about it and see what they do because it does seem like a problem of some sort at least, and hopefully they are able to fix it as well

Nov 17, 2020 10:19 AM in response to Caril-Ann

Caril-Ann wrote:

I will definetly go and check whats the matter,tho if my battery health is 88% wouldn't my battery life be affected?Like it really gets me through the day and even charging in every 2 days pretty fine.Also at the peak performance section it says that my battery holds normal peak performance.

The battery should behave fairly normally until it drops to 80%. Yes, you may see some decrease in battery life but, depending on your usage, it may not be noticeable.

Nov 18, 2020 4:58 AM in response to Caril-Ann

Honestly it really depends, if you know for sure it isn’t original then from research I did just now because I myself got curious, it appears that if you do have a non-Apple battery in the phone BUT it has not caused damage to any other part of the phone (honestly, there’s a low likelyhood that it would cause damage anyways), apparently Apple is known to be decently nice and replace the fake battery with their own, I don’t know how true this is, here is the article, https://9to5mac.com/2019/03/06/apple-third-party-battery-repair/amp/, so by the looks of it, you’ll be fine, and honestly from what I read there is a little more than just the title i read, they WILL replace the battery but also apparently even the damages it could have caused apparently, maybe, but this is of course at a cost, I don’t know what that cost is but in some cases I guess it’ll just have to be dealt with, now I personally though doubt you have a non-original battery, I think your original, Apple battery is just defective in some way but either way this should be a thing Apple fixes by the time you leave that Apple store if you go to it, if you want to know for sure though and secure an answer you can call them by following the steps at https://getsupport.apple.com (I’m sorry this link isn’t working, you can copy it though and paste it in the browser) and they should give you a pretty definite answer by the end of the call as long as you mention all the things that make this situation weird, otherwise there is a slight chance they can get stubborn and insist on it being normal, if this is the case you can just ask if you can have someone look at it anyways (if you give up on explaining to them that it’s not normal), but anyways I hope this helps maybe and I hope this gets fixed soon (if it is a problem, which it sounds like it is to me) and if you need anything else or something feel free to say so

Battery health problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.