Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Decryption failed

Hi. Anyone have problem whit the encryption file? I can’t to open my files after that I did to install the last iOS 14.2.

If any have the solution, tell me please.

thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 10:33 AM

Load MS Excel or Word on your iPhone it’s free in the App Store. Then save your file and open in the MS app.

I just spent last night and this morning talking to Apple. What a mess, the wanted me to delete my email account and reinstall it. I did not. Then today they first told me to call Microsoft it’s their issue. I told them for sure it is an IOS 14.2 issue and explained why. Then they finally came back and said it’s a known issue and they r investigating.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 10:33 AM in response to gye_ec71

Load MS Excel or Word on your iPhone it’s free in the App Store. Then save your file and open in the MS app.

I just spent last night and this morning talking to Apple. What a mess, the wanted me to delete my email account and reinstall it. I did not. Then today they first told me to call Microsoft it’s their issue. I told them for sure it is an IOS 14.2 issue and explained why. Then they finally came back and said it’s a known issue and they r investigating.

Nov 25, 2020 10:58 AM in response to gye_ec71

Hello gye_ec71,

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a couple things that might help others answer your question:

1. Is this happening in the Files app? Or what app(s) is this happening in?
  2. How are the files encrypted?
  3. Does this only happen with specific file types that are encrypted?
  4. Do you have this issue on any other devices?

Please provide as many details as you can and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Nov 29, 2020 10:22 AM in response to gye_ec71

I found a work around for opening a password protected docx, I am using an IPad, I downloaded the free Word app, opened the docx and selected ‘share to Word’, I was able to enter the pwd and open the docx. The next time I open the docx it asks to ‘open in word’

I assume there is an free Excel app that will work the same way.

Decryption failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.