Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set default font size in Preview

I would like to set the default font size when working on a document. I'm filling in a tax form PDF and every time I enter some text I have to resize it, it's driving me crazy.

This question was already asked here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251179942

But unfortunately the answer doesn't work for me, I know how to change the font size, but Preview does not remember the last font size used but seems to revert back to something else every time I open a new text box, like the OP.

Is this because the PDF has been badly formatted? If so, any way to unformat it?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 11:32 AM

The person that created the PDF tax form has the ability to predefine the font, and font-size used in individual form fields. Som PDF forms won't even work right in Preview, because of PDF JavaScript controls placed on the form fields.

The only font size control that sticks in Preview is by selecting it from the Text Style (A) markup toolbar item, and when inserting text from the Text markup toolbar tool. I have a tax form here that even though I have the Text Style set to blue, 20 pt Roboto text, the form field in the Tax form simply ignores the Text Style setting, and enters miniscule black, bold text.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 11:32 AM in response to bobbyquine

The person that created the PDF tax form has the ability to predefine the font, and font-size used in individual form fields. Som PDF forms won't even work right in Preview, because of PDF JavaScript controls placed on the form fields.

The only font size control that sticks in Preview is by selecting it from the Text Style (A) markup toolbar item, and when inserting text from the Text markup toolbar tool. I have a tax form here that even though I have the Text Style set to blue, 20 pt Roboto text, the form field in the Tax form simply ignores the Text Style setting, and enters miniscule black, bold text.

How to set default font size in Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.