Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an sbcglobal.net email account on a Late 2013 Mac using Yosemite. Suddenly I kept getting prompts to enter my password, which it wouldn't accept. Tried to correct and says "Unable to verify account name or password."

Sbcglobal.net email on a Mac stopped working. Says "Mail can't connect to the Yahoo! account "...@sbcglobal.net". Enter the password for "...@sbcglobal.net." I enter it, but won't accept it, I just keep getting the same message. In Internet Accounts I deleted the password and reentered it, (it's correct), and it says "Unable to verify account name or password." I have a Late 2013 Mac on Yosemite. (I can't upgrade because I have a critical work program that isn't guaranteed to work on any subsequent OSs. I can still get this account on my iphone.

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 3:14 PM

I had the same issue. It looks like AT&T shifted management of the emails to Yahoo. So I deleted the account and then created a new one. I selected the Yahoo option to set it up. When it gave me the prompt I entered the SBC email and the password. It rejected it the first time, but accepted it the second time and the account now works fine in Mail.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 3:14 PM in response to Edward A.

I had the same issue. It looks like AT&T shifted management of the emails to Yahoo. So I deleted the account and then created a new one. I selected the Yahoo option to set it up. When it gave me the prompt I entered the SBC email and the password. It rejected it the first time, but accepted it the second time and the account now works fine in Mail.

Dec 26, 2020 9:19 AM in response to Latitudezerozero

AT&T has used Yahoo as the management for their email products for at least 9 years. My sbcglobal account stopped working on my 2011 MacBook Pro in October 2020 (Apple Mail on iPhone 8 plus still works well). The account and login credentials on the MacBook have been setup through Yahoo since 2011. I have tried every possible way to reestablish the account (e.g. delete and reinstall via Yahoo, delete reinstall manually, delete and try POP instead of IMAP) to no avail.

Dec 26, 2020 10:46 AM in response to NavyHorn

I believe there is no way to add back that email account in Apple Mail. My mom has the same set up and her AT&T account also stopped working in exactly the same way. Our accounts are available online with a browser and they come up on our iPhones. I created a new gmail account because I’m used to Apple mail and I guess I’ll slowly let the sbcglobal accounts go. That was my main account for years and years however, so there are some business and social contacts I might sever without realizing it.

I have an sbcglobal.net email account on a Late 2013 Mac using Yosemite. Suddenly I kept getting prompts to enter my password, which it wouldn't accept. Tried to correct and says "Unable to verify account name or password."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.