Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SUM formula on numbers keeps totalling 0

No matter how many times I add this formula I keep getting the total of zero for my sums.. No matter how I add the formula either and I don't understand why this is..

Someone please help, I'm losing the will to live :/

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 3:05 PM

Hi Annika,

What is the Data format setting for cells in column E of your table?

Try setting it to Number, with Decimal left at Automatic and negative numbers left at their default setting.

Your formula looks correct, although I would have converted the row containing it (row 10) to a Footer row, then used this simpler version of the same formula:

SUM(E)

The E reference is to all cells in column E, except cells that are in a Header row and cells that are in a Footer row. As you add more rows to the table (if needed), they are automatically included in the SUM(E) calculations.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 3:05 PM in response to AnnikaSmash

Hi Annika,

What is the Data format setting for cells in column E of your table?

Try setting it to Number, with Decimal left at Automatic and negative numbers left at their default setting.

Your formula looks correct, although I would have converted the row containing it (row 10) to a Footer row, then used this simpler version of the same formula:

SUM(E)

The E reference is to all cells in column E, except cells that are in a Header row and cells that are in a Footer row. As you add more rows to the table (if needed), they are automatically included in the SUM(E) calculations.

Regards,

Barry

SUM formula on numbers keeps totalling 0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.