Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the login screen of Big Sur via Terminal?

So after doing some research, it seems that it's not possible to change the login screen on Big Sur, so I've come to ask how to do it via Terminal.

User customization means a lot to not just me but to countless people so I do not understand why Apple has chosen this path.

Here's also to hoping this thread is of value to others.

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 7:58 AM

I posted a solution here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252056512

7 replies

Nov 17, 2020 6:05 PM in response to Barney-15E

Considering that there are plenty of evidence that Apple doesn't always cater to the best self-interests of the consumers, I'm not sure how much I can really trust Apple. By the way, this is coming from someone who is a fairly loyal Apple fan. It would take A LOT, and I mean A LOT for me to ditch Apple, but it's certainly possible.

I think Apple is mostly good, a lot of their ideas are home runs, absolutely, but a lot of their ideas are also just user-unfriendly to put it lightly.

As of right now, I can't think of a good reason for them to deny users from changing the log-in default screen.

Maybe it's an obnoxious branding tactic, but I mean all Apple hardware has a highly visible Apple logo already, so this tactic would be redundant.

But all of that doesn't matter.

What matters is a solution to this problem.

I'm hoping someone out there can help. (You'll be forever my hero.)

How do I change the login screen of Big Sur via Terminal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.