Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can I find my old apple discussion posts?

In the past all the threads I ever had started were visible in my account at apple. Now I can't seem to find any of them. Any help here? There are some problems that recur, and it would be nice to see how I had solved those problems in the past. My subscription area is empty.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 7:34 AM

Old posts are still here but hard to access. A change in forum software in Dec 2018 caused a glitch that denies allow in-forum access to posts older than that date. To date, Apple have not been able to fix this.

Posts made in the last two years may appear latter in Subscriptions so keep checking.

The current workaround is to use a web search engine with the search string constraining hits to these forums. For you, that string would be:

site:discussions.apple.com  alancoqui

That should show all your activity here, include the old stuff.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 7:34 AM in response to alancoqui

Old posts are still here but hard to access. A change in forum software in Dec 2018 caused a glitch that denies allow in-forum access to posts older than that date. To date, Apple have not been able to fix this.

Posts made in the last two years may appear latter in Subscriptions so keep checking.

The current workaround is to use a web search engine with the search string constraining hits to these forums. For you, that string would be:

site:discussions.apple.com  alancoqui

That should show all your activity here, include the old stuff.

Nov 19, 2020 10:28 AM in response to Scan

Hi Scan,

amazing that something as simple that finding an "old" post can't be performed and I'm not talking about stuff back 2005,

So true. In-forum search has been a continuing royal pain in the posterior.

However, a problem I see for using the directed web search is your username. When I do the search string:

site:discussions.apple.com  Scan

I get hundreds of ASC posts about scanning to Apple devices. That makes it nearly impossible to find a few posts you originated.

One option is to use the inability to search by your name as a justification for a username change or edit. Even if the name were Scan0 there would be fewer hits. I'd make it a bit more complex though. Maybe more trailing digits.

If that is an option you would like to pursue, let me know and I can contact the Hosts on your behalf.

Nov 19, 2020 10:53 AM in response to Allan Jones

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the reply, no worries, this is not so important. Just wanted to follow up on a discussion I had in August about my iPhone 6s touchscreen freezing issues. This was just a commentary on how surprised I was not finding a post 3 month old. I'm still having the problem btw, I thought going through iOS 13.6.1 to 14.2 that would have resolved it, but no. I obviously did all the manipulations, erasing/reinstall from backup, etc. The strange thing is that's random and never happens when iPhone is permanently connected to Mac, just on the road, so basically my phone is not mobile anymore. Maybe hardware is a bit old now.

However, I know about my username, in a sense better like this, I'm more invisible ;)

I used to be quick active here back in 2001 or 2002 but when they did a big forum remodelling in 2005 and wiped out all my activity, I just lost interest in participating.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Best,

Nov 20, 2020 7:24 AM in response to Scan

I dislike this 'new' Apple Discussions board. I've been part of the forum for a long time (I think since at least the mid to late 1990s). Prior to the migration of this 'new' software, I found Apple Discussions board to be a vibrant community with information was that easily searchable.

With the new software, I don't get a sense of community and it is difficult to search for posts.

On the surface, this new software does look nicer. But the meat of it is this software blows.

where can I find my old apple discussion posts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.