Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo enhancement

How large can you blow up a standard iPhone 11 photo and retain good resolution?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 8:12 AM

Personally I would be happy going up to quite large poster sizes. Bear in mind, the larger the print, the further away you tend to view it, so larger prints can stand slightly lower resolution. For a large 40x30 inch print you would still have 100Pixels per inch. Up close, you might be able to see that if you've got good eyes, but from a normal viewing distance for that size of print, you wouldn't.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 8:12 AM in response to Dymora

Personally I would be happy going up to quite large poster sizes. Bear in mind, the larger the print, the further away you tend to view it, so larger prints can stand slightly lower resolution. For a large 40x30 inch print you would still have 100Pixels per inch. Up close, you might be able to see that if you've got good eyes, but from a normal viewing distance for that size of print, you wouldn't.

Nov 26, 2020 8:01 AM in response to Dymora

Hi Dymora,

It seems you have some questions about pictures you've taken with your iPhone and we want to help.

Your best bet for making sure you're taking great photos with your iPhone is to ensure you have your iPhone set to take the highest quality and efficiency photos in Settings.

Check out these article that can help you:

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

Take and edit photos with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Good luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Nov 28, 2020 3:12 AM in response to Dymora

So I spent the money. I sent 3 of my finest to Walgreens and selected 24 x36. $90. Pixilation was terrible; with one exception. In this shot, the reduced pixilation increased the affect I was looking for to the extent that it took my breath away. It was the subject matter; I was in an old train tunnel, very dark except for "the light at the end of the tunnel". This poster came out PERFECT. That is a $200 shot with a better frame. A total learning experience, I've found. I can still use the over-pixilated posters as Christmas gifts... They are not that bad; just not sale quality. I am going to try the next size down, and then again, and again if necessary to zoom to the right enlargement size. Some cheap frames from Hobby Lobby just in time for the Arts Fair. I'm gonna make millions (or maybe just hundreds, doesn't matter, I'm not in it for money. I just would like to share what I think are some really amazing shots from my extensive travels and my abstract eye.) I'll keep you posted or at least let you know where you can view my "work". Been playing around with the time-lapse feature with some great successes and a lot of duds. Florida sunsets / sunrises are the best. Jus' Sayin'

Photo enhancement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.