📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Safari Update Won't Let Me Attach Files In Outlook Online Or Craig's List

So yesterday when I went to use my Macbook Pro it wouldn't let me open Safari. A box popped up with a message that said something like "Can't run Safari while updating"...

Well, when it allowed me to use Safari I can no longer get attachments to work to my emails. I was also having an issue trying to add photos to a Craig's List listing.

I am running Safari Version 14.0.1 and my operating system is Mojave Version 10.14.6

Any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 6:57 AM

3 replies

Nov 26, 2020 9:11 AM in response to aspalmer84

Hello aspalmer84,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to upload files to 2 specific websites in the Safari app on your Mac. First, try running First Aid on your hard drive with the built in Disk Utility tool, as this can correct simple issues like you're experiencing.

Disk Utility for Mac: Repair a disk using Disk Utility

Next, make sure your Mac is up to date, as the updates contain stability fixes that can resolve issues like yours, as well as important security updates to keep your Mac safe.

How to update the software on your Mac

Use the App Store to update apps on Mac

Cheers!

New Safari Update Won't Let Me Attach Files In Outlook Online Or Craig's List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.