Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sync slow, way to force sync?

In some cases iCloud sync is slow, for example:

- when working with Numbers, I save a file to iCloud on my Mac; when I want to continue with the same numbers file on my iPad, this file is often not synced, not even minutes later. It syncs when I open the file in Numbers on my iPad, in an annoyingly way: it opens the old version, I start editing/reading and suddenly it syncs often with a warning that there are two conflicting versions of the same file

- when working with txt-files: I save a txt file on my iPad or iMac and it can take minutes to an hour(!) before the file turns up on the other device. Sometimes I can kinda force a sync by opening the Files app on my iPad

When I do the same things on Dropbox instead of iCloud everything syncs fast. And the strange thing is that Agenda and Notes do sync fast over iCloud; I have a suspicion that these apps in some way manage to force a sync.

It there a way to force a sync for iCloud? Something like opening an app or pushing a button. Not ideal, but it would be a workable solution for me. I have read somewhere that creating a new file on the target device will force a sync but I find that a bit too tedious (and I have to delete this dummy file again).

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 11:29 AM

4 replies

iCloud sync slow, way to force sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.