Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I now limited in the number of phone numbers I can add to a contact in iOS14?

I have a number of 'contacts' where I add up to several dozen phone numbers associated with a particular organization where it is not worthwhile to enter separately for each one but to have them entered as a contact so those calls are rung through appropriately (I do want to answer everything from company X at times, for example). I also use this to keep track of blocked numbers.

It looks like I cannot do this past about 10 numbers for iOS14 on the new phone, although my contacts created previously on computer and on the iOS12 phone are honored with their 20 or more numbers. I just cannot add to them on the new phone.

Is there a setting that can fix this?

And yes, I am off to give feedback to Apple.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14.2

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 6:16 PM

Weirdly, after I twice 'filled' a fresh new blank contact with numbers to the point that it would not add anymore (after all the prelabelled categories were used up), and I merged those two cards on my Mac in Contacts, I was able to add more numbers to new blank contacts without limit again.

Surreal.

1 reply

Am I now limited in the number of phone numbers I can add to a contact in iOS14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.