Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am receiving the “accessory not supported” message on my I pad when I open

When I open iPad I receive “accessory not supported

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 12:25 PM

You didn’t clarify which keyboard, but that’s fine. I occasionally get the same message while using my Smart Keyboard. It’s a very simple fix, where the iPad wasn’t properly able to read the “USB Accesory” that you are connected to, which is the keyboard via the smart connecter. Just take the iPad of the keyboard and clean up the smart connector areas on both devices if needed, then put it back on again. This should solve the problem. If you’re using the Magic Keyboard and at the same time the pass through charging, take out the charger and put it back in again, but properly. This always works for me, but if it doesn’t work for you, just say.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 12:25 PM in response to Tialindamarie

You didn’t clarify which keyboard, but that’s fine. I occasionally get the same message while using my Smart Keyboard. It’s a very simple fix, where the iPad wasn’t properly able to read the “USB Accesory” that you are connected to, which is the keyboard via the smart connecter. Just take the iPad of the keyboard and clean up the smart connector areas on both devices if needed, then put it back on again. This should solve the problem. If you’re using the Magic Keyboard and at the same time the pass through charging, take out the charger and put it back in again, but properly. This always works for me, but if it doesn’t work for you, just say.

I am receiving the “accessory not supported” message on my I pad when I open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.