Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

urgent pop ups

I keep getting Please urgent pop-up that says my data and browsing activity is vulnerable and there’s a link to click on get them like five times a day and then go to my Calendar how do I get rid of these I have the pop-up blocker on and the vulnerable site on also

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 2:34 PM

Perhaps someone (or something), or even perhaps yourself, have added an additional Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected reminders. 

Let’s check for anything that’s out of place...

Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an account that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 2:34 PM in response to cma2020

Perhaps someone (or something), or even perhaps yourself, have added an additional Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected reminders. 

Let’s check for anything that’s out of place...

Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an account that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found

Nov 19, 2020 2:34 AM in response to cma2020

You’re very welcome. I’m pleased that the problem is now resolved.

Subscribing to a calendar is remarkably easy - and tricking the end-user into clicking a malicious link is increasing employed Threat Actors (the “bag guys”) to install the calendar - from which events can be remotely populated, with reminders, that will further attempt to manipulate the unwary into doing something unwise - or give away sensitive information.

The iOS/iPadOS ecosystem is very resistant to malware - but this mechanism is one of the few exploits that can readily bypass the strong protections of the OS; that said, it still requires the end-user to perform an action to get into your system.

urgent pop ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.