Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3.4.3 for Mojave

I'm running High Sierra on one mac and this has Mainstage 3.4.3 downloaded and installed from the appstore.

I've just installed Mojave on another mac but Mainstage 3.5 currently on the app store requires Catelina.

I'd like the decision to upgrade music software to be my choice because of the long list of plugins that would need also updating. Apple, where can I get Mainstage 3.4.3 ? And is there a way of storing the installers from the app store when they are current so that we can have our own legacy copy (which we did pay for after all).

Thank you

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 11:27 PM

You can no longer get any version of MainStage other than what is available in the App Store. Why don’t you just copy the MainStage 3.4.3 app from your High Sierra Mac to the Mojave Mac? Problem solved.

There’s no installer for MainStage (just the app which is downloaded from the App Store) but you can easily just save and backup each version as you download each release. Simply copy the app from your Applications folder, paste it somewhere and then rename it (I strongly suggest renaming each copy for the version number it is e.g. MainStage 3.4.4, MainStage 3.5 etc). Then save each version in a safe location, preferably on an external drive/USB stick. You can also have multiple versions of MS on your machine, provided they have different names.

Just make sure that you copy your current version of MainStage BEFORE updating it, otherwise the update process will overwrite your current version and you won’t be able to back up the old version.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 11:27 PM in response to Badger123456

You can no longer get any version of MainStage other than what is available in the App Store. Why don’t you just copy the MainStage 3.4.3 app from your High Sierra Mac to the Mojave Mac? Problem solved.

There’s no installer for MainStage (just the app which is downloaded from the App Store) but you can easily just save and backup each version as you download each release. Simply copy the app from your Applications folder, paste it somewhere and then rename it (I strongly suggest renaming each copy for the version number it is e.g. MainStage 3.4.4, MainStage 3.5 etc). Then save each version in a safe location, preferably on an external drive/USB stick. You can also have multiple versions of MS on your machine, provided they have different names.

Just make sure that you copy your current version of MainStage BEFORE updating it, otherwise the update process will overwrite your current version and you won’t be able to back up the old version.

Nov 19, 2020 3:31 PM in response to katrinu

You can’t share apps because they’re linked to your Apple ID....Badger123456 would also need to share his/her Apple ID and password, which is NOT a good idea!

katrinu: don’t you have a backup of your

machine? e.g. a Time Machine backup? Regardless, I strongly suggest that you turn off automatic updates on your Mac!!!!!

Nov 19, 2020 3:40 PM in response to Madddcow

Thank You for reply! I understand that it is not good idea and I think badger... is not willing to do this also, but I have a problem and I need to get back to older version of Mainstage until Apple fixes this performance screen issue.

No I havent used Time machine, because my hdd/sdd is not big enough to accommodate my disk backup.

Mainstage 3.4.3 for Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.