Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add my Epson Artisan printer to system with BIg Sur update

I got an Epson Artisan 720 printer years ago because it was compatible with the Macbook OS I purchased. It has worked with every OS update since Lion. However, since I updated to Big Sur, I can't seem to add it: I get this message:

An error occurred while trying to add the selected device. successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 7:03 PM

5 replies

Nov 18, 2020 7:26 PM in response to valerie85

valerie85 Said:

———-

Some Other Thoughts To Try (Be certain that all items are disconnected when performing the following):

• Restart the Mac:

Have you restarted your Mac since the upgrade to Big Sur? If not do so, to get everything to be configured correctly.

• Perform a Local Connection (USB):

See if it connects through USB. If that is what you are currently using, then try another USB cable.

Sometimes changes are made to the system(i.e. updates) and then settings (i.e. for the Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

• New Administrator User:

See if creating a new administrator works. If so, it is probably nothing else than a misconfiguration in your current account.

• Boot in to Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key upon boot]. Once logged in, wait 30 seconds, shut down the Mac, boot up normally. See if it now works. While in Safe Mode, corrupt files (caches) are fixed, and a boot into Safe Mode may fix all of this.

Nov 18, 2020 7:16 PM in response to valerie85

valerie85 Said:

I can't add my Epson Artisan printer to system with BIg Sur update: [...]since I updated to Big Sur, I can't seem to add it: I get this message: An error occurred while trying to add the selected device. successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes

———-

Contact Epson:

Ask for the Correct Drivers:

Does this work with other devices? If so, uninstall then reinstall the printer drivers. Perform a restart after the uninstall, and then once more after the install. If no drivers exist, then Epson probably has yet to do its part in creating them.

How to Contact Epson:

Inform Epson of what is happening. Let them know what steps you have taken to troubleshoot this. Go Here: Epson Contact UseMail them At: epsonstore@ea.epson.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.