Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keychain access password

I am a novice Mac user even though I bought one in 2015. I opened my keychain access to change the password but the 'change password for keychain login' command can't be selected from the drop down menu (its grey). Please help.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 8:53 AM

learn_1 wrote:

I am a novice Mac user even though I bought one in 2015. I opened my keychain access to change the password but the 'change password for keychain login' command can't be selected from the drop down menu (its grey). Please help.

Keychain password remains the original admin password.

You can create a new keychain— bit a word of caution you are subject to lose the totality of your old keychain.

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password ...

If you need to update your keychain password on Mac - Apple ...

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 8:53 AM in response to learn_1

learn_1 wrote:

Keychain password remains the original admin password.

You can create a new keychain— bit a word of caution you are subject to lose the totality of your old keychain.

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password ...

If you need to update your keychain password on Mac - Apple ...

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

keychain access password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.