Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send photos by mail from gallery (iPhone 12 Pro Max IOS 14.2)

Started using my new 12 Pro Max today.

Noticed a problem, can't find this anywhere... anyone experiencing same thing?

1- Open photo gallery

2- Select any photo

3- Hit the "send" (symbol) button

4- Select "Mail" (to send photo by email)

What happens next is that the iPhone shows me the interface of a phone that was never set up for email, asking me to "Add Account" from the usual options like iCloud, Exchange, Google and so on...

I've been using Outlook as my default mail app for a few days now (started using it on my old iPhone 11 Pro a couple of days before the new 12 arrived). But this behavior is exactly the same if I have Outlook or Mail set as "Default Mail App".

Anyone else can replicate this issue?

Thanks!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 6:57 AM

Spoke to Apple support, issue solved: have to select Outlook app, and not Mail app, when sending photos from Gallery.

I was thinking of Mail as a service ou method, not as an actual App... Apple calls the service and the app the same name "Mail", and that caused the confusion.

Anyway, glad to have learned how to do it properly according to Apple procedures and and naming.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 6:57 AM in response to SergioRZ

Spoke to Apple support, issue solved: have to select Outlook app, and not Mail app, when sending photos from Gallery.

I was thinking of Mail as a service ou method, not as an actual App... Apple calls the service and the app the same name "Mail", and that caused the confusion.

Anyway, glad to have learned how to do it properly according to Apple procedures and and naming.

Nov 19, 2020 3:13 PM in response to SergioRZ

Additional information:

In order to maintain Mail app configured with all my 8 accounts and not have to reconfigure them all later should I want to go back, I disabled "mail" processing on each of those 8 accounts, on Settings - Mail - Accounts.

If I enable one of them, photos can be emailed from that account using Mail app only (via Photo app). Unable to use Outlook to do the same...

Unable to send photos by mail from gallery (iPhone 12 Pro Max IOS 14.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.