Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t download apps at all. It always says there is a billing problem with a previous purchase. What can I do to correct this?

Read above please..

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 4:07 PM

Hi CarlosVegas32,

There is a simple fix for this problem. What this likely means is that you have an expired credit/debit card attached to your Apple ID. You can fix this by opening settings, going to your Apple ID and selecting "Payment and Shipping". Once you get to that point, there will be a button in the top right corner of your screen that says "Edit". You should then be able to find your failed payment method and remove it. Once done, you will hopefully be able to take full advantage of the App Store again.

Here is the Apple Support page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203005

Hope this helps!

Hedgehog68

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 4:07 PM in response to CarlosVegas32

Hi CarlosVegas32,

There is a simple fix for this problem. What this likely means is that you have an expired credit/debit card attached to your Apple ID. You can fix this by opening settings, going to your Apple ID and selecting "Payment and Shipping". Once you get to that point, there will be a button in the top right corner of your screen that says "Edit". You should then be able to find your failed payment method and remove it. Once done, you will hopefully be able to take full advantage of the App Store again.

Here is the Apple Support page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203005

Hope this helps!

Hedgehog68

I can’t download apps at all. It always says there is a billing problem with a previous purchase. What can I do to correct this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.