Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update my Ipad

Hi All,

How can I update my ipad? ios 9.3.5 is the last version I have.

Thanks.

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 5:06 PM

This will never be possible sorry.

Your over 8-years old, 2012, iPad Mini is too old, now.

It internal hardware is much too old and completely incompatible with any newer versions of iOS.

Apple ended support for all 8 and 9-year old iPad models over 4 years, ago.

Third party app developers stopped supporting old 8 and 9-year old iOS devices two years, ago, or so.

Sorry, but this is the reality for these old 8 and 9-year old iOS devices, now!

They are pretty much all obsolete.

If you need/want updated an pad with updated iOS/iPadOS with current, up to date apps, then you need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS 14 versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the current iPadOS 14.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 5:06 PM in response to joharra25

This will never be possible sorry.

Your over 8-years old, 2012, iPad Mini is too old, now.

It internal hardware is much too old and completely incompatible with any newer versions of iOS.

Apple ended support for all 8 and 9-year old iPad models over 4 years, ago.

Third party app developers stopped supporting old 8 and 9-year old iOS devices two years, ago, or so.

Sorry, but this is the reality for these old 8 and 9-year old iOS devices, now!

They are pretty much all obsolete.

If you need/want updated an pad with updated iOS/iPadOS with current, up to date apps, then you need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS 14 versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the current iPadOS 14.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Update my Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.