Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can a family shared icloud see each others' files?

my family and i have a shared storage through family sharing. can they see the files I upload on icloud from my mac?

thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 2:25 AM

Family Sharing is only sharing the paid cloud storage, but not the files you are uploading to iCloud. Your Family members cannot access your files and folders on iCloud Drive.

See: What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

When you share a storage plan, everyone’s personal photos, files, and documents stay private. Family members are only sharing the storage plan. You can't see each others’ content. If an adult family member needs more space or wants to use their own iCloud storage, they can choose their own storage plan and still remain part of the family.

If you want to share documents and folders on iCloud Drive, you have to share these folders directly, by inviting people to view these folders. See: Share folders with iCloud Drive – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 2:25 AM in response to gndlng

Family Sharing is only sharing the paid cloud storage, but not the files you are uploading to iCloud. Your Family members cannot access your files and folders on iCloud Drive.

See: What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

When you share a storage plan, everyone’s personal photos, files, and documents stay private. Family members are only sharing the storage plan. You can't see each others’ content. If an adult family member needs more space or wants to use their own iCloud storage, they can choose their own storage plan and still remain part of the family.

If you want to share documents and folders on iCloud Drive, you have to share these folders directly, by inviting people to view these folders. See: Share folders with iCloud Drive – Apple Support

can a family shared icloud see each others' files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.