Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro music software on my i mac

hi i just can't find the apple loops grid (button ) on my Logic pro copy - can some one guide me to find how i access the grid

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 5:02 AM

7 replies

Nov 20, 2020 12:16 PM in response to Rd31

For Audio Apple Loops, they adjust automatically.

If you're new to Logic, Smart Tempo is a good start: Match the tempo automatically in Logic Pro - Apple Support. You can be interested in Flex also.

Be cautious with YouTube. Most of the stuff is outdated if not misleading. I prefer a trusted technology that at the time of the Atari was called "books". Still exist. 😉.

WD

Nov 20, 2020 8:28 AM in response to Wilddrums

thanks for this Wilddrums-- appreciated but I've just discovered that the loops thing was brought out with update to logic 5

unfortunately i have --- logic 4.6 -(boo hoo ) . is the update to 5 a free update ? or do i need to buy the whole thing again - I'm not sure .Either way that's why i can't see the button ! thanks again for your help there

Rd

Nov 20, 2020 9:21 AM in response to Wilddrums

brilliant thanks for that .----i have two more basic i think questions i also need to resolve at the mo --- I'm quite familiar with the midi side of this program having used Notator with my atari ( would you believe ) for many a year -- but I'm now using logic more and -wanting to use guitar loops etc ( because of lockdown i can't get real players ) .can you tell me how ( simply if poss)

1) how i can change the key of a sample from - E to G etc and keep it as a saved file -- is that poss ?

2) how to get a sample or loop to adjust to match up with my main song tempo ---- ie sample/ loop tempo 120 --- but i want it to run at a bpm of 90 . Hope you don't mind me firing these at you no probs if you just pass

Rd

Nov 20, 2020 10:22 AM in response to Rd31

Notator? Atari? Ah memories....

The Key is a global setting for the project. You can change it in the LCD at the top.

Same thing for the tempo with the exception that you can automate Tempo changes. See Global Tracks.

Assumed here your questions is only about MIDI.

You will find a lot of info under the Logic Help menu. Including the User Guide.

WD

Nov 20, 2020 11:21 AM in response to Wilddrums

i do really appreciate your time here - thanks --- and no i don't mean midi I'm afraid -- I've got all that side well sorted

i mean audio -- like guitar loops etc . if i wanted to use a particular guitar pattern -- but the loop is in key E i want the same loop but now in key A or what ever . how do i go about editing the pattern from its recorded key E into my desired key of - say A . Also when i drag a pattern or loop into my sequence how do i get it to sync in --- say its been recorded at 120 bpm but i want it to play and sync in at 100 bpm. Im currently looking on you tube for tutorials etc but if you know how to do those things and can talk me through it - so to speak id be most grateful

Logic Pro music software on my i mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.