You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alternative way to charge my Apple Pencil 2

Is there an alternative way to charge the Apple Pencil 2? I bought a rugged case for my iPad Pro 12.9 4th Generation because I use it outdoors and I am not able to charge my Apple pencil 2. Why Apple did not consider all the options and it doesn’t provide a charger for the Pencil 2?

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:22 AM

2 replies

Nov 20, 2020 9:32 AM in response to nbuchillon

A second generation Apple Pencil can only, at present, only be charged by a compatible iPad.

Using your iPad outdoors is not a direct impediment to charging your Apple Pencil - unless you enclose your iPad in a case that is not itself designed to accommodate an Apple Pencil.

There are rugged cases available for iPad, from third party manufacturers, that do permit attachment and charging of a second generation Apple Pencil.

Alternative way to charge my Apple Pencil 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.