Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two keyboard languages when buying a new macbook online

Hey there,

Thinking about getting a new MacBook Air, and I was wondering if there is a way to keep the English keyboard layout as the main, but also add to it an additional language from the list of supported languages.

I know I can do this by using laser engraving service elsewhere, but I would like to avoid it if it is possible.

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 11:59 AM

Vovento wrote:

Thinking about getting a new MacBook Air, and I was wondering if there is a way to keep the English keyboard layout as the main, but also add to it an additional language from the list of supported languages.

Apple does not produce custom keyboards like that. But it has them available for certain languages, which you can see at

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201794

Which of them you can buy depends on the country you are in. Check the online store in your country, pretend you are buying a machine, and see if they offer the keyboard combination you want. What extra language is it you are looking for?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2020 11:59 AM in response to Vovento

Vovento wrote:

Apple does not produce custom keyboards like that. But it has them available for certain languages, which you can see at

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201794

Which of them you can buy depends on the country you are in. Check the online store in your country, pretend you are buying a machine, and see if they offer the keyboard combination you want. What extra language is it you are looking for?

Two keyboard languages when buying a new macbook online

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.