Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my MacBook Pro heating up when in sleep mode on my backpack

Why is my MacBook Pro heating up even when on sleep mode on my backpack. Any advice

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 5:18 PM

Are you making sure that the computer is not doing any cpu/gpu intensive task's in the background? if you leave things like unity open in the background the cpu may be working to keep that running. try to close out of the apps that you are not using and also make sure to quit apps like safari that may be running in the backround.

also make sure it has some space to get in fresh air and to let a little bit of outside air in.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 5:18 PM in response to Saxodavid85

Are you making sure that the computer is not doing any cpu/gpu intensive task's in the background? if you leave things like unity open in the background the cpu may be working to keep that running. try to close out of the apps that you are not using and also make sure to quit apps like safari that may be running in the backround.

also make sure it has some space to get in fresh air and to let a little bit of outside air in.

Why is my MacBook Pro heating up when in sleep mode on my backpack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.