Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop sharing photos between devices

Both myself and my wife share apple ids and iCloud for the past year but it looks like since the update any new photo taken appears on the others camera roll it wasn’t doing that before the update my wife uses her camera a lot for work and it’s a pain all her photos appearing on my camera roll is there anything that needs switching off since the update I don’t want to mess about with creating new Id and iCloud for my wife and it’s only just started doing this so guess it’s something to with the update as we’ve been sharing both ids and iCloud for a year thank you in advance

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 7:26 AM

You are welcome. Did you check Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide the Photos entry to the left?

Ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device before turning off syncing.

7 replies

Stop sharing photos between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.