Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted part of my note and I cannot restore it using the undo/redo typing feature.

I deleted a portion of my note by accident and cannot restore it using the undo/redo typing feature. The feature comes up for me but when I try to use it, nothing happens, and now I believe it is too late to restore it using this method. Furthermore, the phone is new, and Iphone X and I have not backed it up since getting it and the note is fairly new, so I have no backup to be able to restore the note. Is there a way, without having a backup, to restore the note to before I deleted part of it? I'm looking for a method in which I can do it myself or I would be curious to know if I can go to an Apple Store and have someone there help me restore it themselves. I know with computers, they record keystrokes and whatnot and there are way for tech support to restore things in ways we are unable and unaware of. Does anyone know of a method in which I can fix this mistake?

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 10:33 PM

Hello Sari,

The deleted portion of the Note is actually deleted and gone. You have tested that by trying to UNDO the delete unsuccessfully. You are right that it is too late to restore it. You also do not have a backup file for various reasons.

I can save you a trip to the Apple store by assuring you that there is nothing that can be done at the Apple Store or even at any other service store regarding this issue.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 10:33 PM in response to Sari1123

Hello Sari,

The deleted portion of the Note is actually deleted and gone. You have tested that by trying to UNDO the delete unsuccessfully. You are right that it is too late to restore it. You also do not have a backup file for various reasons.

I can save you a trip to the Apple store by assuring you that there is nothing that can be done at the Apple Store or even at any other service store regarding this issue.

Axel F.

Nov 20, 2020 10:52 PM in response to Sari1123

First copy whatever is left of the note and paste it somewhere else (not in the Note app) ... so you do not loose anything further.

Then try this:

Return to the note (if you have not closed the app down already), and continue to use the Shake to Undo/Redo ... every time you select Undo ... it will keep going back one change/edit at a time ... hopefully returning to the point at which you deleted the portion of the note by accident.

Otherwise, as Axel Foley has already explained, there's nothing else to be done.

I deleted part of my note and I cannot restore it using the undo/redo typing feature.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.