Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Backup

Hi

I see there is a backup section on the iCloud, the question is, is the backup all the data on the iPhone including photos, etc., or what backup?

Then if there is a backup on iCloud, do I still need to upload photos to iCloud? even though there is already a backup of all the contents of my cellphone, right?

Thank you

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 5:52 AM

See this article:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos4, Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, and shared photos. Some information is not included in an iCloud backup but can be added to iCloud and shared across multiple devices like Mail, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

Your iCloud backup does not include what is already in iCloud, if you turn of iCloud photos it will be included in the backup, but that would result in the backup taking up more space, and you would not have access to the photos on icloud.com or other devices anymore.

My recommendation would be to keep iCloud photos still turned on. The total storage used will still be the same.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2020 5:52 AM in response to mushlih

See this article:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos4, Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, and shared photos. Some information is not included in an iCloud backup but can be added to iCloud and shared across multiple devices like Mail, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

Your iCloud backup does not include what is already in iCloud, if you turn of iCloud photos it will be included in the backup, but that would result in the backup taking up more space, and you would not have access to the photos on icloud.com or other devices anymore.

My recommendation would be to keep iCloud photos still turned on. The total storage used will still be the same.

iPhone Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.