You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off Ad Blocker on iPhone 11

When I search for something and click on a top link that looks promising for information, I keep getting redirected to googleadservices.com with the message “Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server.” Doing a search to try to turn off the problem, I’m told to go to Settings > Safari > General > Content Blockers - toggle it off. But I don’t see Content Blockers *anywhere* in the Safari settings. Help!!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 7:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 12:11 PM

Hi there, pittmane.

It appears that you're having a problem using Safari on your iPhone. When you search for something, you're met with a message that it couldn't connect with the server. Good job on searching for steps to help, but you're not seeing "Content Blockers" in Safari settings. We're glad to help with this.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- Scroll down to the section titled "Use content blockers". A content blocker is something you would have installed on your iPhone in order to see the setting. See if the steps in this article helps you past the error message.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2020 12:11 PM in response to pittmane

Hi there, pittmane.

It appears that you're having a problem using Safari on your iPhone. When you search for something, you're met with a message that it couldn't connect with the server. Good job on searching for steps to help, but you're not seeing "Content Blockers" in Safari settings. We're glad to help with this.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- Scroll down to the section titled "Use content blockers". A content blocker is something you would have installed on your iPhone in order to see the setting. See if the steps in this article helps you past the error message.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

Take care.

Turn off Ad Blocker on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.