Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replying to specific message

Once I reply to a specific message, how do I get back to the full conversation? My phone will just stay on the reply until I close my text messages and reopen it. I know there has to be an easier way.

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 7:35 PM

Hello Nicole,

It sounds as though you're having issues with the Messages application, and not being able to view the message thread after responding to an incoming message. To ensure the best support is provided are you opening the Messages application, tapping on the Message thread, and responding from there? If so, is the issue related to the keyboard remaining on the screen? If the keyboard is remaining on the screen you can tap above the keyboard in the message thread to minimize the keyboard.

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 7:35 PM in response to NicoleBizer

Hello Nicole,

It sounds as though you're having issues with the Messages application, and not being able to view the message thread after responding to an incoming message. To ensure the best support is provided are you opening the Messages application, tapping on the Message thread, and responding from there? If so, is the issue related to the keyboard remaining on the screen? If the keyboard is remaining on the screen you can tap above the keyboard in the message thread to minimize the keyboard.

Have a great day.

Replying to specific message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.