Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login to Fire TV Apple TV App

I have a new Insignia Fire TV. All other apps stream fine. I've installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled) the Apple TV App. I can't login. I can login to Apple TV with the exact same ID and password on ROKU, iPad and my MAC. Does anyone have any idea why - error message says 'Verification Failed'. I'm wondering if it's the 2-Step verify that it can't deal with?

Apple TV

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:18 AM

Hi - just closing this thread. Apple TV as an app doesn’t work on many TVs even if available to download. For some bizarre reason it works on the Insignia Fire TV HD 2018 but not the new 2020 model. Which is bizarre. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

5 replies

Nov 29, 2020 7:18 PM in response to kungfuchoirboy

Good evening kungfuchoirboy,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are having issues with the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV. Have you tried setting up your Fire TV with the Amazon Fire TV app first?

Amazon Fire TV

https://apps.apple.com/app/amazon-fire-tv/id947984433

Once your Fire TV is working with the native controller, try the Apple TV app again.

Apple TV app - devices

Apple TV app

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

If the issue persists, please reply to this thread and we'll do our best to help you!

Take care.

Nov 30, 2020 9:25 AM in response to kungfuchoirboy

Hi kungfuchoirboy,

Are you getting the "verification failed" error message when you launch the Apple TV app?

Have you reviewed the two-factor authentication article above?

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

If you still can't use the Apple TV app on your Fire TV after following the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Nov 30, 2020 5:04 AM in response to judysings

Hi there,

Thanks for much for replying. Unfortunately this did not work - I've deleted and reinstalled the Apple TV app just to be sure. I connected to the Fire TV via the Fire app on my phone and was able to sync and go through the login process. Error message is still the same saying 'verification failed'. The app is connected - it's showing various shows. When connecting there is no two step verification occurring - is it possible this is the cause?

best,

Will.

Unable to login to Fire TV Apple TV App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.