You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I download GarageBand on my Mac book pro

Trying to download garage band on my MacBook Pro but it's saying "GarageBand can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 11 or later is required." but im running ios catalina 1.15.7

What am I missing

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 5:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 8:29 PM

As many of us have noted previously, this seems to be an error on Apple's end regarding something to do with their App Store configuration or packages (I'm not an expert) -- but we are all in the same boat here. See the other topics about this, including my own, for a more in-depth discussion.

Basically we are all stuck waiting for Apple to fix the problem. And I know professional musicians who use GarageBand that are not able to install on their Catalina machines.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2020 8:29 PM in response to adavistrainer

As many of us have noted previously, this seems to be an error on Apple's end regarding something to do with their App Store configuration or packages (I'm not an expert) -- but we are all in the same boat here. See the other topics about this, including my own, for a more in-depth discussion.

Basically we are all stuck waiting for Apple to fix the problem. And I know professional musicians who use GarageBand that are not able to install on their Catalina machines.

Why cant I download GarageBand on my Mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.