Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth audio (wireless audio) loses connection

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017 with Touch Bar) and MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) and after updating to MacOS Big Sur, version 11.0.1 (20B29) my AirPods and Beats Studio 3 headphones cannot maintain connection.

After connecting them, they lose connection after 10 seconds. I have tried turning bluetooth on/off, went to forget devices for both headphones. Then restarted the Macs several times. Issue still persists.

Then I deleted com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file and tried reconnecting the headphones and same issue.

Next, I tried reseting the NVRAM and SMC. Still no go. Apple Support Advisor mentioned that they have received several reports of this incident and that they are waiting for engineers to provide fix. Most likely to be addressed in a future OS update.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 8:46 PM

What nonsense. Who marked it resolved?

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 21, 2020 6:25 PM in response to JaviAT

Also, forgot to mention my bluetooth mouse never had the connection issue, only bluetooth audio devices did. So I continued scouring the web and found something that worked for me.

So I'm sharing it here to hopefully alleviate any frustrated users experiencing the same issue. Here is the SOLUTION:

The driver InstantOn from Rogue Amoeba needs to be deleted from:

/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/HAL/InstantOn.driver

An easy way to find it is by opening up Finder, then Go menu, select Go to Folder, type in the following directory path: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL and then delete InstantOn.driver or move to another non-system folder. Then restart your Mac and try reconnecting your audio device.

bluetooth audio (wireless audio) loses connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.