Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie 10.2.1: How to create photo clips of different durations

I want to create a slideshow with some photos of 2 second duration, and some series of photos at 0.5 second duration (to simulate movement). I tried in iPhoto slideshows, but couldn't make the program use various durations or accept a photo duration of under approx 2 seconds. So, switched to iMovie. I can set preferences to import photos with the duration I want (eg, 2 seconds), but when I change preferences to import the second set at 0.5 duration it changes all the photos to 0.5. Wondering if anyone knows how to import different sets of photos at different duration, or how to change the duration of a batch of photos- but not all the photos- once in iMovie. (I don't want to change the photos one at a time; there are too many.) Thanks a lot!

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 8:03 PM

Hi, Olias1,

Where you have already placed your photos in the timeline you can change the duration in a range of clips by selecting the first clip in the range and then, while pressing down the Shift key, select the last one. Then click on the little information button (the circle with an "i" in it) in the tool bar at the upper right hand corner of your screen. A duration box will appear to the right. Type in your desired duration and then press the return key on your keyboard to apply the change to all the clips in the range. If it is just one clip whose duration you want to change then select it and use the information button to change its duration per the above.

— Rich

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2020 8:03 PM in response to Olias1

Hi, Olias1,

Where you have already placed your photos in the timeline you can change the duration in a range of clips by selecting the first clip in the range and then, while pressing down the Shift key, select the last one. Then click on the little information button (the circle with an "i" in it) in the tool bar at the upper right hand corner of your screen. A duration box will appear to the right. Type in your desired duration and then press the return key on your keyboard to apply the change to all the clips in the range. If it is just one clip whose duration you want to change then select it and use the information button to change its duration per the above.

— Rich

-- Rich

imovie 10.2.1: How to create photo clips of different durations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.