Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why an issue with only three websites

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X 11.0.1, Safari Version 14.0.1 For the last year or so I've had trouble with a a couple websites. AT&T, Princess Cruises, and more recently attending a Zoom meeting. Switch to Firefox on the first two mentioned, no issue. For example, on Princess, when searching for cruises, I get to the point where I have selected a cruise, but then the Princess site says "Pricing not available for this cruise". I switch browser, repeat the process, pricing comes up no problem. Doesn't seem that I should need to change Safari settings for just 2 or 3 websites out of the hundreds I visit. As for Zoom, tried to attend a Zoom meeting last week, could not join. Switched browser, no problem. (A Zoom message came up suggesting I use Google Chrome!). I just chatted with Apple Support on this, they had me check settings, all were good, so they had me clear cookies/history. I doubt this will help but will see in the coming days. May move to Google Chrome permanently. Any suggestions appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 6:33 AM

I have only one suggestion:

Safari->Preferences->Advanced->check “Show Develop menu in menu bar"

The Develop menu will now be at the top menu bar of Safari. From the Develop menu select Empty Caches (about half way down the menu). Now try those websites again.

If still no luck select the Develop menu and then User Agent. There you will see options to change how Safari identifies itself to a website. Try selecting Chrome or Firefox. If that works then the website has not made an effort to be Safari compatible.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 6:33 AM in response to Brian_

I have only one suggestion:

Safari->Preferences->Advanced->check “Show Develop menu in menu bar"

The Develop menu will now be at the top menu bar of Safari. From the Develop menu select Empty Caches (about half way down the menu). Now try those websites again.

If still no luck select the Develop menu and then User Agent. There you will see options to change how Safari identifies itself to a website. Try selecting Chrome or Firefox. If that works then the website has not made an effort to be Safari compatible.

Why an issue with only three websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.