Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you have more than one apple email account

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 10:29 AM

Yes you can but that would mean you would have to have a different Apple ID for each account. Logging in and out of Apple ID accounts can be tedious.

A workaround would be to go to Mail at iCloud.com and create aliases to your primary email account.

For example if you email account was originally Example1 you could have up to 3 alias like

Example2

Example3

Example4

All three would come to you under your original Example1 but those you send email to from the aliases would only see the alias.

I have an alias that I use for all purchase and if I start getting spam to the address I delete it and add another one (we must wait a period of time before we can replace it).

[Edited by Moderator]

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 10:29 AM in response to rwf2020

Yes you can but that would mean you would have to have a different Apple ID for each account. Logging in and out of Apple ID accounts can be tedious.

A workaround would be to go to Mail at iCloud.com and create aliases to your primary email account.

For example if you email account was originally Example1 you could have up to 3 alias like

Example2

Example3

Example4

All three would come to you under your original Example1 but those you send email to from the aliases would only see the alias.

I have an alias that I use for all purchase and if I start getting spam to the address I delete it and add another one (we must wait a period of time before we can replace it).

[Edited by Moderator]

Jan 5, 2021 7:50 AM in response to rwf2020

Hi I have two apple accounts and wondered if I went to only one account I would be able to use that one account for both USA and UK purchases. This was the original reason why I had to set up two account but as you said up top it get to be very tedious logging in from one account to the other. The other problem is that when trying to use iMessage with the two accounts the system will not allow me to add my cell phone to both accounts so when I get some messages they only come up on my iPad or my iMac instead of all of my systems. Please advise? Mike

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.