Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automated Call from Apple

I received a call today from 877-387-3**0 noting that my Apple iCloud has been compromised. Has anyone had this happen to them before? I assume this is a fraudulent call.

Any input is appreciated.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 10:52 AM

It is indeed fraudulent.

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 10:52 AM in response to SueAppleton

It is indeed fraudulent.

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Nov 22, 2020 10:55 AM in response to stedman1

Thank you for the quick response. I was in the process of looking up this information on the web and what Apple had to say about these calls. As I was looking up information I received a second call. I hung up. Thanks again. This was very helpful. One of the main reasons I changed over to Apple products is because of their highly reliable security on all products.

Automated Call from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.